Saturday, February 20, 2010

California, Find Yourself Here

Maybe there is something more to the slogan, "Find Yourself Here" than meets the eye.   

Monday the woundVAC came off, we did it for two reasons: 1) the tissue around the wound was inflamed and irritated 2) the wound looked far enough along that it could make it the rest of the way without external assistance.  Fast forward, it's yesterday, the tissue around the wound has healed, #1 - check but on #2 - double fault. We reinstalled the infamous woundVAC.  After four days of glorious freedom, it was determined that the wound wasn't healing fast enough without the woundVAC's miracle works of accelerating the healing process. 

For whatever reason, I've had more pain this past week and felt worse without it.  I am happy for the return of my machine, although it makes me more tired. The pain is reduced for some reason, for now.

So I'm finding myself.  There are ups and downs; you have to manage your own expectations and do what you can with what you've got.  Two more weeks of antibiotics and hopefully that will be the end of the woundVAC as well.


I'm searching for depth in the slogan of the state we currently reside, that's what I am focused on.

No comments: