Monday, March 14, 2011

And then there were two!

HELLO !!!  What a crazy week, I wasn't too sure about the recovery from last weekend's extravaganza, but Thursday's run felt pretty good and I rested Friday to be ready for the weekend.  Stephen Price joined me Saturday, I've not had a running partner consistently for the last few months, so I was happy Stephen was with me, I've run more miles with Stephen than anyone else in my life...seriously.  That's pretty cool, if you stop to think about it.  I've only known Stephen for the last 10 years of my life.


Saturday we ran north then east and more or less covered the same route as last Saturday, except slightly faster with a little less distance and elevation.


Here Stephen and I are at the Eagle Trail Head and to the far right of this photo you can see the smoldering Left Hand Canyon fire which is now over 60% contained and evacuation orders have been lifted as of 5pm Saturday.  



Check out this link for more details: (http://www.dailycamera.com/lefthandfire/ci_17598733).  We hope this summer isn't a repeat of last summer, we've had a couple of fires in the last year that were a bit too close for comfort.  We had a fire in September that was the worst in terms of damage, then any other fire in the state of Colorado.

Stephen is a Rocky Mountain Rescue volunteer, he's participated in 100s of rescues and recoveries.  I admire his dedication to this organization and the commitment of Stephen and his colleagues to safety in our intrepid mountains near and around Boulder.  Someday I'd like to join them.  If you'd like to support them, please visit this link (http://www.rockymountainrescue.org/index.php) and donate.


In addition to a great run with Stephen, Annie returned Saturday. I'm so happy to have her home after 11 days in NOLA and FL visiting family. We had a normal Sunday with a return to the YOGA studio, Sunday brunch and an easy afternoon, ah joy!


"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
-John Bingham

No comments: