Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 12: The pool is cool

Annie and I have been in Palm Springs the past week, tomorrow we leave for Solana Beach (north of San Diego). We've had great weather here, I mean it looks nice from the window. I had limited forays into the wild, balancing recovery and work during the week. However, yesterday and today I got a chance to really get out. We did the art festival in La Quinta and then explored the Salton Sea - an amazing landscape.

Today we broke
dawn at Joshua Tree N.P. and then headed to the outdoor pool, my first swim.

I LOVED IT! The joy was akin to my first swim. After an hour in the water we wanted to keep going, but also didn't want to push it too far. I was able mix in 500 yards of underwater running with a good overall swim workout, and it felt great!

No comments: