Thursday, January 14, 2010

Have you ever seen Alien the movie?

One week and two days since the extraction surgery and all is fine. We drove to Palm Springs starting Saturday and arrived Sunday. More than nineteen hours in the car didn't do much for the swelling around my extraction points. I suffered the most on Monday and Tuesday with what looked like an alien trying to birth itself from my left butt cheek. However, yesterday and today have been the best progress yet. I'm off the crutches four days early (with permission) and along side my existing exercises I had two good 30 minute spinning sessions on the trainer. Annie remains my cautious conscious and protector yet sincere motivator.

Walking is awkward and tiresome, but it's good to be off the crutches. We are hopeful for some riding *outside* this weekend and perhaps even a short walk. I am optimistic, and will be more so when the alien disappears.

No comments: